The kitchen and breakfast room were the last project on the client’s wish list to renovate in a home they would spend the rest of their lives in. Their home is perfectly located in a golf community in which they are both active. They have a passion for entertaining and hosting large events. The existing kitchen did not have the right aesthetic appeal, enough space in the correct designated areas of the kitchen, the right appliances or the right reflection of their true lifestyle including their love for great food and strong European coffee.
- Transform and update the kitchen in to brighter and more modern look with better quality appliances and lighting.
- Improve kitchen layout and optimize best use of working triangle and an ideal layout for a multi-cook kitchen.
- Relocate access to an oversized pantry under the family room staircase accessed from the main wall in the kitchen.
- Organize and optimize the pantry space for much needed storage and cleaning products.
- Select appliances, especially the right coffee maker and specify locations for each appliance.
- Design – Build best quality cabinets that are designed for their unique needs and space.
- Combine their love for the Old-World Mediterranean style with new modern bright style spaces –
- Specify all cabinetry hardware, plumbing fixtures, wall finishes, backsplash, & countertops.
- Design and specify new wall, ceiling and trim work finishes.
- Incorporate the existing hardwood floors into the overall updated design and style.
- Specify and design new architectural and decorative lighting for the overall space. Using Lutron Caseta wireless system.
- Expand the foot print of the kitchen cabinets with more cabinetry in the same space.
- Rework the existing system of ceiling beams that support the second floor.
- Create a better working triangle and improve the kitchen layout.
- Create the right design that will tie the old-world elements of the home with a modern style kitchen.
- Match existing hardwood floors in places where hardwood floors did not exist.
- Install an oversized downdraft in an island that was moved due to ideal location placement.
- We were able to resolve this challenge by
- Created a much larger opening to the pantry and installed a barn door for ease of access.
- Implemented oversized drawers in an underutilized nook under staircase and added much need organization storage components.
- Opened up the kitchen by removing a wall right of the fridge and remove the bar wall above the sink. A place that was not user friendly to begin with.
- Added hardwood floor in location where Splicing in Hardwood floors under the island and previous cabinet locations and making it match the old hardwood planks.
- Location and 48” size of new gas cooktop that was installed on island that was reduced in size in order to create the much-needed working space.
- Installing an oversized downdraft in the island that was moved due to ideal location placement.
- Creating an updated modern and clean design while trying to make it work with the existing Old-World Mediterranean style home.