Imagine inviting friends and family to your home to enjoy food and good company with your loved ones. Think for a moment of all the places within your home you could gather to share laughs and lively conversation. Naturally, people will begin to congregate in the kitchen- chatting around the kitchen island with mouths half-full.
Now, imagine for a second your day-to-day. Where does all the action happen? It is no secret that the kitchen is the epicenter and the heart of most every home; kids running in and out of the pantry, meals with the family at the kitchen table, and late-night scavenges through the fridge are just a few examples of daily kitchen activities. Out of any area in a home, the kitchen is perhaps the most cherished.
Does Your Kitchen Meet Your Family Needs?
If you think about your current kitchen and wish for a change, it may be time to consider a kitchen renovation or remodel. When doing so, there are 3 major components that warrant attention. They are as follows:
- Layout. The layout of your kitchen contributes greatly to the functions most critical to the space, and not to mention, the overall look and feel of your home. The primary tasks of the kitchen are carried out within the “work triangle” between the cooktop, sink, and refrigerator, the positioning of such areas works to enhance the experience of the functions you require each and every day. The positioning of other features such as cabinets, islands, and countertops are likewise essential to the overall experience for your family and friends.
- Materials and finishes. Of course, when speaking about the materials that make up your kitchen, the higher the quality, the better the result. For your kitchen island and countertops, there are numerous options that can enhance your space. Whether you decide to use natural stone or quartz, an engineered surface design to look and feel like stone but much more durable for heavily used kitchens. Cabinets, the largest part of the space and most critical of elements, if built correctly will add value to the home for decades to come. Not only will these changes work to reflect your own styles and tastes, but can bring increased quality into your home, adding greater dimension and mitigating the need for future maintenance and repair.
- Lighting. Strategic layered lighting in your kitchen will enable you to function and use the space as you use it to work and live. It is important to consider all the many options for ideal lighting in your next kitchen remodel. This includes general lighting, task lighting accent lighting, and decorative lighting. Having control over these aspects of your home is critical to your overall health.
The Finishing Touches
As with any project in your home, the key is to find a team of experts who will take the time to explore the way you and your family use each space now and what that space might need to look like in the years to come. Not only for your family but for the family who will be buying the home when you are ready to move on. With the kitchen being the heart of a home, planning and partnering with the right Kitchen designer and contractor is a key element of doing your kitchen project. There are several small elements of a kitchen that contribute greatly to the overall personality of your kitchen. When thinking about the future and how you want your space to be not just now, but in 20 years, the following features are particularly significant:
- Window designs. Windows introduce natural light into the kitchen. How they are shaped, positioned, and covered present diverse expressions of feeling. An important consideration is whether a window needs to be added to the kitchen, whether it needs to be changed, or simply, whether small adjustments around the window are necessary to enhance and improve the space. These smaller adjustments can be applied later as long as the proper framework is established from the beginning.
- Walls. There are many different ways to color and texture your kitchen walls. The incorporation of tile, wood, or paneling in strategic places is an excellent way to accent the walls and enhance your space.
- Decorative highlights. Features including seating, fixtures, and shelving are a simpler way to fill empty space and bring your personality into the kitchen. These decorative highlights are certainly not to be overlooked. Custom cabinetry, decorative lighting, and other similar features are great elements to consider when seeking a kitchen upgrade. If your space has already been renovated to your tastes and you wish to make simpler changes that can make a remarkable difference, the addition of decorative features is a great place to start. These are things that will help carry your voice and personality to those who visit your home.
At Euro Design Build, we are passionate about helping you create an ideal home for the health of your family in the future. The questions to ask, is this your forever home? If not, what will take to make it your forever home? Since kitchen renovations are a major upgrade to your home and your lifestyle, there is no room for regrets or mistakes when redoing your kitchen. For that reason, we hope you find the right construction team to help you achieve your kitchen remodeling goals. There is no room for regrets when it comes to your kitchen remodel. We want you to enjoy the space that you use most and be assured that it will continue to be what you want it to be for decades to come. Safety and long-lasting satisfaction are our ultimate aims. For more information on how to best upgrade your kitchen, contact us today.